Jan 22, 2012

Upcoming Cosplays for 2012

I'm slowly attempting to be more active in the cosplay community, I promise! But it's very difficult when school is involved...even as I write this, I keep getting distracted. TVXQ lives don't help.
Jung Yunho is the ultimate distraction. Best non-waste of my time.
AOD is coming up is SF, but due to a conflicting event with my family, I won't be able to attend. In compensation, I'm hoping to fix up Yuna for an epically freezing beach shoot. 

Here's what I've been slowly slaving over for the past few months (Since Fanime 2011 ended, my ability to work has just crashed and burned OTL)
Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji (Volume 18 Cover)

I bought velvet when I visited Portland this summer, but that was the most progress I've made. I have the wig and horror-shoes from my last Ciel cosplay, and I probably have the socks somewhere. But am I ready to sew all of those ruffles? Someone shoot me now. I'm currently debating whether or not I should bring this to Fanime 2012. While I'll hopefully be proud once it's finished, but the shallow part of me says to bring as many female cosplays as possible because they're more popular XD

 Irabu Sensei (中) from Kuchu Buranko
Easy cosplay. But laziness prevails. Have the shoes from my last trip to Japan (already used in 2 previous cosplays...), and my wig recently came in the mail. The wig needs the most work. But hopefully the idea of having a sexy nurse follow me around will act as an incentive to finish.

 Kuranosuke (Episode 10) from Kuragehime
This is ridiculous. The dress has been dead on my costume rack for MANY MONTHS. It would be done, but the roses has decided to be nonexistent. Have the necklace, wig, and stockings, too. Only wish to finish is the glittering idea of secretly being a man. And tall. 

 Hagane Miku (TYPE H) from Vocaloid 02
 Having a group! But this is also sleeping on the rack. Or being crushed in the bottom of my fabric hamper. That's how long it's been since I've worked on it.

 Panty (School Uniform) from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Skirt, wig, and shoes are really the only things done. Silly partner won't finish Stocking, either. We're obviously made for each other. The only work we seem to consistently finish is our trips to the fabric store or DAISO. 
 Shiemi Moriyama (Kimono ver.) from Ao no Exorcist
Yukata has been sewed. Currently painting. Aiming to finish by the NorCal Spring gathering in March. Was thinking about wearing this to Fanime for the Ao no Exorcist gathering, but Saturday will probably be for PSwG.
 Panty (Default) from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
This is most complete cosplay on my list as of right now. Shoes need to be painted because I'm crazy and bought fabric that wasn't very bright. Dress needs to be taken in around the waist, and I need to attach the halter strap. Also need to finish Stocking (made as a present for my lazy cosplay partner). Dress needs the zipper and all colored details.
  Kyari Pamyu Pamyu from "Tsukema Tsukeru"
First J-pop cosplay! Planned on doing PONPONPON, but I obviously prefer boob-lashes and a skirt made of snack bags. There's no going back now, I bought the knit and bias tape for the top yesterday. Probably bringing to Fanime for absolute trolling. I could attend AX, I'd definitely wear this. But I need to work for my money D:

SO THAT'S WHAT I'M SLAVING OVER
and I really want to do 2NE1 cosplay. Maybe this summer. Who knows.

Money is such a pain. 2012 has been devoted to concerts, clothes, and nerdy things. If the world doesn't end soon, I'll be broke. 

On another note, I think I'll participate in the SM Entertainment Global Audition (they're coming to SF next month). And as often as people say that SM is a slave-driver regarding the people who are signed under them, I still want to try. I would go as a singer, but I don't think I can sing in front of others like I used to. So I'll attempt to the shortest model ever. If I can make it, MORE MONEY. I heard SM pays for education, too, which is a big help because of college.

MINDLESS BLABBERING IS DONE
enjoy a photo of my ultimate distraction coughBEAUTIFUL-HUSBANDhackhack
 I'm not crazy, internet. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment