Dec 4, 2011

Long time, no blog!

I'm sorry that I haven't updated since Fanime 2011...I always say school is busy, but even when it isn't, I'm pretty lazy. After Fanime, I had my final exams and started a summer job. I had time to sew, but I didn't attend any gatherings.
BUT
Around February 2011, I was secretly invited to join a group doing Vocaloid's "Sandplay of the Singing Dragon" as Len. The selected cosplayers had great portfolios, and I had idolized most of them already, but was too nervous to introduce myself. So we every-so-slowly worked on our cosplays (mine wasn't done until the day of our shoot. Hello, procrastinator~), and presented our group at NorCal's last YaoiCon. Unfortunately, our Luka didn't receive her cosplay in time, and our Miku couldn't make it to the shoot, so we found a replacement Miku and shot with the original six characters (Miku, the twins, Meiko, Kaito, and Gakupo).
About the costume:
Because I was working with a twin, and a very detail-oriented twin at that, I bought enough material for two cosplays, and split it among myself and Rachael (my Rin). Rachael sent her materials to a commissioner because of her hectic schedule, but Len's design isn't too difficult, so I drafted the pattern for the coat myself, and the pattern for the shorts was taken from a project I did at school. Both coats are made of black bridal satin and lined; the edge is satin ribbon while the gold is a braided, bead trim. Both my shorts/glove and Rachael's skirt/neck ribbon are red stretch velvet. My belt buckle is a mix of Sculpey, Model Magic, and rhinestones, all coated with silver spray paint. The next time I wear this, I need to fix my belt, BUY sock garters, and attach some more buttons to my sleeves.

Picture Time~
 Group shot!

 With Richard Bui, our wonderful photogrpaher~ hurrrr, I actually look tall. This never happens XD

Photo by Jia-Ling Pan, we missed you as Luka!

Thank you for looking, I'll be sure to post soon with my current projects. Let's hope I'm not overrun with laziness OTL



No comments:

Post a Comment