Mar 21, 2013

Cosplay Makeup: Introduction to Shota?

Here is the first of my basic cosplay makeup tutorials! This is a pretty essential style, it can easily be altered with different colors or liquid eyeliner to properly fit your character.
 Even if you don't choose to be more extravagant with your color choices, I'd suggest something like an 88-color eyeshadow palette. All of the colors in this look are neutral browns, but the brighter colors are perfect for accents or coloring your eyebrows to match your wig! Other essential products include eyeliner pencils (black/brown, white), an angled brush, an eyelash curler, and mascara.
  1. By now, I've already completed my foundation, and even on a non-cosplay day, the first thing I do is fill in my pitiful eyebrows... I use a pencil first as a base and then set the product with a similarly-colored eyeshadow. If you're brows are on the thicker side, there are tutorials on concealing them with a glue stick.
  2. Because I always look a bit tired in these kind of photos, I always apply a light colored eyeshadow to the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up.
  3. After my brows and highlighting are finished, I use a medium brown eyeshadow and an angled brush to line both my upper and lower lashlines. I personally prefer using eyeshadows to line my eyes because the effect is mush softer than eyeliner, and it's easy to fix if you make any mistakes. I also applied a little bit of an off-white eyeshadow to the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up.
  4. To make the eyes stand out more, I use a very dark brown eyeshadow to line the upper lashline, and then apply the excess to the outer corner of my lower lashline. I also applied some brown eyeliner in between my upper eyelashes (this makes the lashes appear thicker).
  5. My eyes are already pretty deep-set...and generally large, so I don't contour them at all, at least for crossplaying. As you can see, with your eyes are closed, this makeup looks nearly invisible!
  6. Almost done~ I know it doesn't sound masculine at all, but by now I've curled my eyelashes. This really helps open up the eyes, especially if your eyelashes naturally grow straight. I've also gone over my lips with a warm washcloth to exfoliate them.
Here is the finished look! I applied a light coat of mascara to my upper lashes, and on the outer corners of my lower lashes to avoid looking too feminine. To lighten my lips, I prepped them with some lip balm and concealer. I prefer not to conceal them completely to avoid looking ill, but that is because I am already so pale and my lips are pretty pigmented.

Now you can put on your wig and costume :D
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, the next one will be basic female makeup~

No comments:

Post a Comment