Jul 20, 2013

Upcoming Cosplays (now with progress photos!)

I've been home for quite some time, but I've tried to limit my cosplay list to 7 new costumes in order to focus on craftsmanship and ensure that I get plenty of photos. This season's theme is...decided on in 5 minutes (and generally by someone else), poofy silhouettes, and unconventional headgear. But what characters does that inquire? In some sort of order:
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu from Glico's Pucchin Purin CM, to be worn at the J-Pop Summit festival in San Francisco on July 27-28th. Not sure when I'll be attending, but KPP will be performing that Sunday, and it's one of my sick dreams to meet a celebrity dressed as them.
EDIT: Not sure if I'll have Kyary completed now, because I was given an amazing opportunity! Harajuku Kawaii!! is having a fashion show on the 27th, and I will be modeling for them~ Never thought I'd be given a chance at modeling just because I'm short OTL
Oshino Shinobu from Bakemonogatari, aiming to debut at AnimeIcon in October. I have all of my materials, save for the goggles! Planning on making imitation Mister Donut, but my friends will have to toughen up and eat my attempts >:D
 
Another version of Ciel from Kuroshitsuji~ After re-wearing him at Fanime, I couldn't help but make some more ruffled monsters! I have a decent amount of black velvet in my fabric stash, as well as my red contacts, so there wasn't much of an option for me to avoid this...
Maccha Latte from Sakizo's Afternoon Tea, my first lolita-inspired project~ I've been searching for luxury fabrics online, but I don't plan on debuting this until Fanime, due to my schedule.
Hatsune Miku from Unhappy Refrain, boyfriend's fault. Have the wig picked out, finally get to work with vinyls *not sure whether to be excited to terrified*.
Hakudoushi from InuYasha, what a nostalgic costume! Might have a group for this, I'm just excited to finally play a villian...and have a giant stabby-stick orz

Have some progress pictures, I've been forcing myself to get some major work done lately, especially with my trip coming up on Friday >w<
Thankfully, a lot of wigs I own can be recycled for this season's cosplays. With some extra styling (and the help of a helmet), my Panty wig is perfect for Shinobu! Can't decide between using my EOS Adult lenses in brown or red..in the photos, I'm wearing the brown version, which are a nice gold color on light eyes.
I bought a long white wig for Hakudoushi, but it looked really flat. Luckily, I found my Soul wig amongst my wig boxes, and now I only have to trim the base wig and dye both to a pale lavender color.
 
Trying to crank out the rest of Kyary's Pucchin Purin outfit very quickly...I only have the shorts, boots, and gloves left. The ruffles are all ready for the shorts, and I just need to get motivated and dye my gloves, but I'm worried about the boots because of the chance of chipping paint.
Told myself I wouldn't work on anything other than Kyary and Shinobu until wintertime, but Michaels was having a sale on everything I used to make this headpiece for Ciel OTL Just need to fix one of the butterflies, and find a way to attach this to my wig.

I'm really excited for this lineup to come together! Considering that I'll be in Japan next year, I don't think that I'll be able to make any new costumes. Hoping to make it to AX next summer and attend more events in general, just to make up for my absence from the cosplay community in 2014-15. What are your plans for the upcoming season?

No comments:

Post a Comment