Jan 1, 2013

Sorry for the Inactivity! 2012 in Review~

So much has happened since the concert review I did back in May...
where to start?

Once 2012 started, I had already planned to participate SM Entertainment's Global Auditions. The auditions were in February...or March. I can't exactly remember orz
Even though I was never hired, it was quite a memorable experience. The stories I collected from going through with it helped me write a paper for one of my university classes!

I turned 18 years old in April, and while I didn't do anything special, it is always an important age. Directly after my birthday, I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco as Ichiro Irabu from Kuchu Buranko. SO FUN~ I was interviewed for a TV program, but I never got any information about when/where it would be airing.

MBC AT GOOGLE HAPPENED AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT
I AM IN A DVD OF THIS CONCERT. IT IS SOLD IN JAPAN. NO, I DO NOT OWN IT.

I also went to Prom...the only social event I went to during high school.   
 The best part? It was held at the Fairmont Hotel (where I stay for Fanime), all of the girls envied my ability to keep my heels on, and my friends and I blasted kpop in the car on the way to the event.
here's visual proof! that cleavage is so fakeeeee
 
Fanime was, like, a week after Prom. I debuted four new cosplays: Type-H Miku, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and Panty (school uniform and default). I tell myself every year that I will schedule more shoots (read: ANY shoots), but I didn't keep my word. MAYBE NEXT YEAR

AND THEN I GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL YAYYYYY

In the early spring, my friends and I started planning a spur-of-the-moment trip to Japan. We left a week after our graduation ceremony, and stayed abroad for a month! I had planned on writing posts as I was gone, but I chose to constantly update my Facebook instead...so have some photos of the trip to compensate?
Here we are, first day settled in~
 
After about a week in my friend's hometown, we went on a trip within our trip to Kyoto and Osaka!
This is Kyoto Tower all lit up~ 

Got to go to Osaka Kaiyuukan, I love aquariums so much :D

After our week in Osaka, we commuted to Tokyo for our remaining time in Japan. Miffy, who became a major cosplay partner of mine in 2012, chose to move back to Japan for university. We met up a few times while we were abroad, but WE HAD TO LEAVE HER THERE. WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO NERD OUT WITH. NO ONE

most of the photos I took were of food, but I tried hard to show you other things...so here's a waffle from the Coffee Prince cafe in Shin Okubo, the Korean district in Tokyo.

MBC DVD.
I saw it in a few shops...I was looking at TVXQ merchandise in a different store with Kristina and Miffy's mom and sister, and all of a sudden, Miffy's mom says she saw me on one of the screens. AND THERE I WAS. Watching myself attempt not to ugly-cry during TVXQ's set was something I don't really want to relive.  

Spent our last day with Miffy's family in Asakusa for Tanabata~  

I got a month to myself when I got back to America, and then I started college! It wasn't what I had expected. My first semester never left me feeling stuck, I never crashed and burned...stress was never a major issue, either. What does that say about high school, then? XD

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT
THAT WAS MOST OF MY 2012
Let's have a marvelous 2013~
I didn't do anything at all today, but I'll be cosplay-sweater shopping in San Francisco tomorrow :D
Prepare for a 2013 cosplay list soon?    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment